Cadillac global vice president Bob Ferguson described the new model as “an unprecedented combination of luxury, advanced engineering and progressive design in a coupe that is both sporty and environmentally friendly. This is a pivotal moment in Cadillac’s history, as we continue our product-driven expansion.”
The Cadillac ELR is based on Converj Concept which includes higher performance with new Industry-leading Extended Range Electric Vehicle (EREV) technology uniquely tuned for Cadilac and amazing interior. Its driving capacity goes further than 300 miles (480 km).
Take a look at some additional features:
• Enhanced AT-PZEV emissions
• Light-emitting diode (LED) headlamps, daytime running lamps and taillamps, as well as signature front and rear lighting elements
• Twenty-inch wheels paired with tires to balance responsive handling and a comfortable ride with efficiency
• Interior design featuring cut-and-sew accented leather incorporating sueded microfiber, chrome, wood and available carbon fiber finishes throughout
• Cadillac CUE with Navigation is standard. CUE is Cadillac’s breakthrough system for connectivity and control, using Natural Voice Recognition, capacitive touch and hand gestures used on smart phones and tablets
• Programmable charging schedules and downloadable energy efficiency reports available online and through smartphone notification charging alerts
• Cadillac’s advanced active safety features, including Safety Alert Seat, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning, along with available Side Blind Zone Alert with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and full-speed-range adaptive cruise control
• Advanced chassis and suspension systems, including HiPer Strut front suspension, compound-crank with Watts link rear suspension and Continuous Damping Control, which adjusts damping every two milliseconds for optimal ride and handling in all conditions
• Standard premium Bose 10-channel audio system with active noise cancellation.
The Cadillac ELR production will start in late 2013 in the United States. It will be offered at the Chinese and European markets as well.
Interior-wise, there are the following features:
• Eight-inch configurable instrument and driver information displays, offering four configurations ranging from elegantly simple to technologically enhanced information
• Auto-glide/power-assisted covered storage/cup holder in the center console
• Fold-down rear seat backs accommodate longer items, including multiple sets of golf clubs
• LED-powered accent lighting in the instrument panel and doors
• Available Opus semi-aniline leather seating.