The all-new 2014 CTS sedan had its debut. It stands for elevated performance, higher technology, and more stylish luxury.
Global Cadillac vice president Bob Ferguson described the model as “The all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan delivers crafted design, thrilling performance and sophisticated technology. The car that has always been Cadillac’s centerpiece stretches figuratively and literally to challenge the world’s best.”
The 2014 CTS sedan is third-generation. It is greatly influenced by the award-winning ATS sport sedan. This Cadillac sedan counts for luxury, prestige, and dynamics. The fantastic performance is due to power-dense powertrains and the all-new Cadillac Twin-Turbo engine with eight-speed automatic transmission.
There is new Art & Science design philosophy incorporated. There are five inches (127 mm) more in length; the base of the windshield including roofline and cowl is an inch lower, and the wheelbase is 1.2 inches longer.
There are 8 alternative interior environments available offered. Each of them is trimmed with carbon fiber, authentic wood, or aluminum. The seating is available in three variants: full semi-aniline leather, with hand-crafted, cut-and-sewn executions.
When it comes to performance, there are the following features:
• 18-inch aluminum wheels with Pirelli summer-only performance tires (19-inch wheels with all-season tires are available)
• A quicker steering ratio
• Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and high-performance brake pads,
• Heavy-duty track cooling package
• Driver-selectable track mode with specific steering rate and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for greater track performance
• Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track -- including optimal acceleration out of turns.
Under the hood, there is a six-cylinder Cadillac Twin-Turbo which delivers 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 430 lb.-ft. of torque (583 Nm).
There is 1.5-percent higher fuel economy.
Suspension and driver control features consist the following:
• Multi-link MacPherson strut suspension with a double-pivot design
• Five-link independent rear suspension
• Available all-wheel-drive
• Premium electric, variable-assist power steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
• Available Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping system
• Choice of 17-, 18- and 19-inch aluminum wheels.
Whereas, a most important segment is Cadillac CTS technologies which encompass the following:
• Cadillac’s first 20-way adjustable front seats
• Motorized cup holder lid in the center console
• Heated and cooled (ventilated) front seats and heated steering wheel
• Electronically locking glove box
• Electronic park brake
• Adaptive remote start feature that also activates the climate control system
• Standard Bose eleven-speaker sound system and available Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system with 13 speakers.
Take a look at the additional safety features guaranteed:
• Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control
• Panic Brake Assist
• Forward Collision Alert
• Automatic Collision Preparation (with brake prefill)
• Lane Departure Warning
• Side Blind Zone Alert
• Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Rear Vision Camera With Dynamic Guidelines
• Adaptive Forward Lighting
• Active pedestrian protection system (in global regions where required).